Sophia's Baptism – Jan 19, 2013

On January 16, our granddaughter, Sophia, turned eight, and we were delighted to be able to participate in her baptism that Saturday, Jan. 19.

Bob and I drove to Ohio on Friday, arriving at Laura's house about 7 p.m. Heather, Susy and Susy's kids had driven to Ohio earlier and we got to spend some time with them that night as well as with Laura's family. Travis' parents drove up on Saturday and also stayed at their place.


Since Laura and Travis had a full house, we stayed at a little place in Coshocton, The Roscoe Motor Inn. It was basic, but met our needs.

In preparation for Sophia's baptism, I offered to make her baptismal dress and, last summer, she and her mom picked a pattern and some fabric and sent them to me. I was worried about the fit since I was sewing for someone I couldn't easily try the dress on. So, when we got together for our family reunion in August, I took along a mock up of the dress (made from an old sheet) and that helped me see what adjustments to make. I had the dress mostly finished by the time we visited Ohio at Thanksgiving, but, there wasn't quite enough fabric to make the sleeves. (I found matching fabric on-line, fortunately. White eyelet is not easy to find in stores in the middle of winter.) The good news is, the dress fit great, so I just needed to sew in the sleeves and mail it off.

The baptism was beautiful! Great spirit. Great meeting. Really loved being there!!





Alice and Penny enjoyed the refreshments after the baptism, too.


1 comment:

Patti said...

I love going to grandchildren's baptisms! The dress is lovely Betty.