I painted this on the wall of my office in one of our recent homes. Saddest part of getting that house ready to sell was painting over this.
22 July 2011
I've finally decided to stop denying the artistic side of myself and devote time and energy to creativity on a regular and consistent basis.
To prepare for this I've:
- Been organizing and cleaning out my upstairs/studio space;
- Signed up for an on-line art class that promises I'll be learning new techniques, etc;
- Bought some supplies for the class;
- Made on-line connections with other women who'll be taking the same class, and;
- Created a new blog just for my art. Check it out at http://thetimidtiger.blogspot.com/
I chose the name because I've been timid about creating and sharing the artistic side of myself for too long - and, a tiger is a powerful animal that, though it may sometimes appear docile, can do just about anything it wants.
I know the power to create is within me — I just need to unleash it, and train it!
My new blog only has one post so far and I don't know when the next one will be, but, now its out there for everyone to see.
(I'm being brave) :-)