Follow the Prophet


9 June 2018

I was able to go into the office for a couple of hours this week and tie up a few loose ends. I might be able to go in more next week – possibly ½ days, most days. Have to take it a day at a time, though.

I heard good news from my orthopedic surgeon, Dr. Hunter, on Thursday. My staples were removed, and more x-rays were taken, and he said, “You’re a really good healer!” (I think credit goes to the Word of Wisdom for that!) Everything is healing just the way they want it to, and I go back to see him in a month. In the meantime, I’ll continue with at-home physical therapy, and will transfer to out-patient physical therapy at some point - maybe in a couple of weeks. The big goal now is to get my leg strong enough so that I can transition from using a walker to using a cane.

We’ve seen several people posting that they’re doing the social media fast President Nelson challenged all the youth to do. His talk at the special fireside last weekend was wonderful! I liked this graphic that someone made to sum up the challenges he presented to the youth of the Church:
Several years ago, Bob and I took a trip that ended up including a (non-intentional) two-week media fast (not just social media, but TV, etc. as well). It was amazing to experience how much more creative and aware I felt after that time away from it. We just don’t realize how much of our thinking and doing is influenced by “other” voices – and not necessarily in the best ways. It’s good to be aware, and to choose for ourselves the things we most want in our minds and in our hearts. (Ties right in with the counsel many prophets have given to read The Book of Mormon every day.)

We’re getting very excited to be back in NC soon!

1 comment:

Patti said...

Yay for good healing! I hope your physical therapy continues to progress and you can start using a cane instead of a walker. I loved the fireside! President and Sister Nelson are awesome!