The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

2 December 2017

This week I ran across an online article (no author was given) that included a paragraph I love. So, I’m sharing it here. The article was aimed at Family History Department employees, but, I think this applies to all of us. It said: “As members of the Church, we have a divinely appointed responsibility to search out our ancestors and perform sacred temple ordinances in their behalf. Our vision is to safely gather our families as families on both sides of the veil, healed by the Atonement [of Jesus Christ] and sealed together in the temple." 

The concept of families on both sides of the veil who are healed by the Atonement and sealed together in temples is so sweet to me!

On another note: I mentioned in a previous letter that I’ve been taking the Family History Library training. The other day I was in the library for a review of one of the lessons and the woman I was working with saw my name tag and said, “Crenshaw. Do you have a son who served a mission in the area around Park City?” I answered, “Yes. In about 2000, our son, Mike, served in that area when it was still part of the Utah Salt Lake City South Mission.” Her name is Sister Matthews and she was pretty sure she knew Mike. That was fun.
I know some of you saw my posts on social media about the cool #LighttheWorld vending machine that’s in the lobby of the building where we serve. (Joseph Smith Memorial Building) What a great idea! I know there are other non-profits I could search out online who provide these same things to those in need (goats, chickens, food, clothing, etc.), but, it’s wonderful to make giving to others so easy and convenient!

And, for all the Harry Potter geeks - we saw something unexpected at a Christmas market on Friday afternoon. One of the booths claimed to represent a "real" wizarding school. One of the signs even says you can have your wand tested. (It seemed very incongruous among all the festive Christmas booths.)

We're enjoying all the music and decorations of the season that are all around us. There are daily concerts in both the Joseph Smith Memorial Building and in the Church Office Building. And, you can't beat the lights all around Temple Square!

1 comment:

Patti said...

That really is a sweet, and powerful thought, that families on both sides of the veil are healed by the Atonement and sealed in the temple. I know it has nothing to do with Christmas but the Harry Potter booth representing a "real" wizarding school is pretty awesome. I thought it was so cool that you got to use a vending machine just like the one in the video. The Light the World campaign is awesome! And so is Christmas on Temple Square. Lucky!