Thanksgiving 2017

25 November 2017

Oops! Here it is Saturday night and I just realized I didn't send my usual Saturday morning letter. This long Thanksgiving break feels like we've had three Saturdays in a row - so I guess that has thrown me off. 

Our Thanksgiving has been pretty low-key - though we did take a couple of hours on Friday to visit a special Harry Potter Christmas Shopping Experience at a mall in Sandy, Utah. It was fun to see.

Today, I did some more sewing, and then, tonight we enjoyed a Christmas-themed performance by the American West Symphony and Chorus. They had a short sing-along at the end of the concert that was fun!

Tomorrow is supposed to be a record high here of 71 degrees! Then, by the end of the week they're predicting snow. :-/ I supposed before long we'll be wearing all our winter gear every day.

I'm looking forward to all the #LightTheWorld initiatives the Church is encouraging this Christmas season. Its such an inspired program!

1 comment:

Patti said...

Amy and her family were here last week so I didn't get a chance to check out blogs. I am also excited about the Light the World campaign and figuring out ways to serve every day. I'm not sure if I will be able to post something each time, but I will give it a try. I think it is wonderful that you and a group of ladies have been going to the Humanitarian Center regularly to tie quilts. What a sweet opportunity to serve strangers. Thank you, thank you for the explanation of the Star of David! I never knew any of that. It will be so much more meaningful when I see them this month. 71 degrees! That's just crazy. Enjoy the warmth while you can. Have a great week!