Looking Forward to General Conference!

30 Sep 2017

Why is it so much harder to get out of bed on a chilly morning? I just want to snuggle up under those covers and pretend it’s not morning – and, it’s not even winter yet! But, then, I think of our mission motto – “I will greet each day with love in my heart, a smile on my face, and gratitude for all of my blessings” – and, up I get. 😊

Last weekend’s women’s session of general conference was wonderful and we look forward to hearing the inspired words that will be available to us this weekend – for the rest of conference. Bob and I have tickets to be in the conference center on Sunday morning and will stream it live for all the other sessions since we don’t have a TV.

On Wednesday, we were walking toward the Church Office Building and saw the General Relief Society President, Sister Jean Bingham. She has such a radiant smile! She’s lovely.

Bob enjoyed all the cards, facebook greetings, etc. for his birthday last week. I got him tickets for us to see The Piano Guys when they perform here in December.
We did a bunch of family temple sealings Thursday and it was amazing! We know these families have been waiting for their work to be done and we felt such a wonderful spirit there. 

Earlier in the week, a couple who serve with us went to do some family sealings, and the sealer said, “We have some of President Monson’s family cards here, would any of you like to help with those?” Of course, everyone in the room volunteered!

We’re looking forward to hearing the messages of General Conference this weekend!

1 comment:

Patti said...

I was so excited to see that you were at the conference center this morning. What a treat!