SETTLING IN - PLANTING FOR SPRING


30 October 2010

We turned over the keys to the rental property yesterday — after a very tiring week of going back and forth between cleaning up at the rental (they gave us three pages of instructions for how they expected everything to be cleaned!) and unpacking and organizing things in our new home. (I'm getting too old for this!)

We have a few rooms in order, but still have plenty of boxes to unpack and furniture to assemble. (Bookshelf for the office and a couple of work tables for my studio.) Would like to have everything finished in another week, but, that may not be realistic. . .

I did start planting some spring bulbs yesterday. Will finish up today. I'm planting hyacinths, daffodils and tulips in the bed just at the front of the house - and, hope that at least some of them survive to bloom next spring. Its been years since I planted any bulbs, and the soil in that bed is not very good. I've added some better soil, so we'll see how it goes. Nice to look forward to that come spring.

1 comment:

Laura Crenshaw Chabo said...

I planted bulbs for the fist time last fall in the hopes that they would bring some color to our front yard, too. Since you were here for 2 months plus this summer you will probably recall that it looked like no one had slaved for days planting a million bulbs. poo. We think the deer ate them. Hopefully you will have much better luck!! (not too many deer roaming the streets of your neighborhood, I would think. :) )