OWL PATROL FLAG


1 April 2011

For three days this weekend, Bob is at a camp out with some other scouters earning his Wood Badge. He did his first three-day camp out about a month ago. At that one they were divided into patrols and they each had specific assignments to do for this weekend. Bob volunteered to make the patrol flag. Naturally, (Tom Sawyer that he is) he expected that he wouldn't actually be the one making it — but would cajol me into doing it. . . which he did. It turned out pretty well, but its been a while since I worked with fabric paint so some places are kind of smeared.

And, on another note - For several weeks, now, I haven't been able to think of doing anything but work on my genealogy. (Except, of course, make the patrol flag.) :-) Some days I've been at it from sun up to sun down. Its like an addiction! I've hardly done any family history for more than 20 years and now I can't stop. I LOVE being able to do so much research on-line and from my own home!! I keep finding people and connecting families. Its awesome! Plus, I reconnected with a cousin who has shared some great documents (probate record, marriage bonds, etc) with me. It may not sound exciting to some, but its been very exciting to me!!! Hooray! Hooray!

Levin Henry and Mary A (Lofland) Rickard. Photo taken by J.B.Carver, Vandalia, Missouri - sometime in the 1880s.

3 comments:

Heather McKeon said...

That flag looks awesome - I really like the owl!

Mark and I have have been into his families genealogy a lot lately too. Must be something in the water. (In NC & VA, I guess.)

Laura Crenshaw Chabo said...

That flag is amazing!!!! It looks so professional, which is to be expected since you are a professional. :)

Kevin Gourley http://www.KevinGourley.com said...

Cool photo! The photographer, was actually "T.B. Carver". He was my great grandfather. :-)